Frequently Asked Questions
Individuals/ Team Leads wishing to sign up for the hackathon must complete the online pre-registration form at www.fairerfinancehackathon.com. If registering as a team, a separate short form will also need to be filled with details of each team member.
The hackathon starts on 1st September but for those who are up for a bigger challenge we’ll keep registration open till 15th September. The final date for submitting your solution is 30th September 2020.
Yes, both individual and team participation is encouraged. If joining as a team, each team should have a minimum of one core developer/full stack developer to be eligible.
We encourage participation from students and young professionals who have a strong inclination towards technology and product development. Strong exposure across UI, backend and emerging technologies is expected.
An induction event is scheduled for 1st September to set the context and answer any questions that participants may have. Participants are expected to register for this induction event ahead of time: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fairer-finance-hackathon-induction-tickets-117426721485
A complete guide for all hackathon related details, the architecture and technical specification are covered here:
A guideline outlining the relevant tools and technology resources will also provided in the specification and welcome pack shared with each participant. Any additional queries can be directed to: email@example.com
We recommend attending the induction event scheduled for 1st September to set the context and answer any questions that participants may have. Participants are expected to register for this induction event ahead of time: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fairer-finance-hackathon-induction-tickets-117426721485
Richard Hallewell, CEO of CPRAS and Founder of the Fairer Finance Hackathon is available as a mentor for any questions on the business or wider objectives of the hackathon. To schedule an online call with Richard, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Step 1 – Each team’s work will be assessed initially by CPRAS. 6 final participants/teams will be shortlisted and their solution will then be further assessed by the full judging panel. Each judge will assign a score, not shown to the other judges, and the sum of the scores of the entire panel will determine the final rankings.
- Step 2 – Once the final rankings have been determined, the top 3 positions will be announced.
- Step 3 – Judging panel followed by a concluding press release announcing the winners.
The results will be announced via a press release issued on the website and our social media channels on 10-10-2020.
- Richard Hallewell | CEO, CPRAS, VP at UK Government Blockchain Association
- Barry James | Founder, The Crowdfunding Centre and Funding Hubs, Chair, BBFTA
- Dr Jane Thomasan | Co-Founder and CIO Fintech.TV
- Shiv Aggarwal | President Government Blockchain Association Europe Lead and UK President, Founder and CEO MyEarth.id
- Lavinia Osborne | Women in Blockchain Talks (Host & Founder) | Financial Wellbeing Coach & Consultant
- Paul Maynard | Member of the Parliament for Blackpool North and Clevelys
- Chris Holmes | Member UK Hose of Lords | Speaker | Consultant | Inclusion | Digital Technology for Public Good
- Phil Vidler | CEO at Fintech Alliance
- Peter Gibson | Member of Parliament for Darlington
- Natalie Pringle | Business Development Executive for the equIP start-up accelerator at CMS UK
- Gemma Hall | Associate Corporate Transactions, CMS
- Rachel Neale | Campaigner at UK Mortage Prisoners
A guide covering all necessary aspects can be downloaded from website or can be accessed here:
CPRAS is a social enterprise wherein the profits will be reinvested into the ecosystem helping more people to escape or avoid poverty trap. Once our solution goes live, CPRAS is committed to share a percentage, as mentioned in the prize section, with the winning entrants.
Additionally, we will set aside 5% of our revenue to be shared with the participants who submit working solution as a part of this hackathon. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a social program, while generating an income for yourself.
BiPS is an asset-backed digital currency available worldwide via the Moneybrain App. It is an Exchange Token (recognised by the UKs Financial Conduct Authority) because it is a cryptographically secured digital representation of value. Unlike most other digital assets BiPS have intrinsic value as they are backed by a mix of property (real estate), gold and fiat currencies (£,$,Euros).
They can currently be bought or redeemed via the Moneybrain app or at BiPS.MoneyBrain.com but please note that those given as prizes will be locked until BiPS are listed on an external exchange, currently expected in 2021.
Their current value is available on BiPs website above.